Sustainable development in regions with high levels of poverty
- INTERNSHIP CODE: DDS
- City: Arequipa
- Work Areas: Development Cooperation Agriculture / Agronomy Environment / Biology / Geography / Forestry Politics / Human Rights / Indigenous Societies Tourism
Company / Institution
NGO for sustainable development in regions with high levels of poverty and unfavourable economical, political and institutional conditions in the south of Peru.
Function / Working area
The NGO works on the following topics:
1) Handling of natural resources and the environment
2) Agricultural production
3) Transformation processes on the market
4) Support of local institutions
5) Local projects for sustainable tourism
The internship is geared towards students of economy, social science and culture studies, as well as to students of tourism, engineering, forestry and agricultural science.
Basic knowledge of Spanish is necessary.