Projects with rural communities in the Andean highlands
- INTERNSHIP CODE: DSC
- City: Huancavelica
- Work Areas: Development Cooperation Agriculture / Agronomy Environment / Biology / Geography / Forestry Medicine / Health Sector Politics / Human Rights / Indigenous Societies
Company / Institution
NGO for the improvement of the living conditions of peasants and rural communities in the Andean highlands of Peru.
Function / Working area
Work with peasants and rural communities in the Andean highlands in the following areas:
– Maintenance and use of natural and productive ressources (e.g. water and pastures).
– Support to local production, agriculture and livestock farming
– Nutrition and health: Initiatives for nutrition security, hygienic living conditions, maintenance and use of public space. Health campaigns, construction of simple greenhouses for families.
– Strengthening of institutions: capacity building for multipliers of local development, support for woman organizations and local associations of peasants.
The internship is geared towards students of life sciences, agronomy, nutrition science, medicine, economy, social and political science and related subjects.