Human rights, indigenous people and coming to terms with the past in the Sierra Central
- INTERNSHIP CODE: PHAL
- City: Ayacucho
- Work Areas: Politics / Human Rights / Indigenous Societies Law Social Work / Education / Psychology
Company / Institution
NGO for human rights in Ayacucho and Lucanamarca, working with a plural-disciplinary approach.
Function / Working area
The NGO works on the following four topics:
1. implementation of the recommendations of the committee of truth and reconciliation
2. eradication of torture
3. combating violence against women and children
4. collective rights, inclusion and development for the indigenous people
Interns can work in all fields. Research and practical work on-site is both possible. Collaboration of interns is especially needed for:
– juridical research, support in submitting cases of human rights abuses to courts
– socioeconomic research
– intercultural work
– communitarian psychological assistance
– research and action on post-conflict topics
– Development and inclusion related to rural development and sustainable agriculture
Geared towards students of social science, law, philology and communication and psychology. Good Spanish skills (oral and written) are necessary.
The minimum duration of this internship is four months.