Drug policies and human rights
- INTERNSHIP CODE: PHDS
- City: Lima
- Work Areas: Politics / Human Rights / Indigenous Societies Law Social Work / Education / Psychology
Company / Institution
NGO working on drug policies and human rights
Function / Working area
The NGO works on the following topics: justice and prison reforms, drug prevention, compliance with human rights in the fight against drugs, integral concepts (health, security, sociale justice). Work for interns includes:
– social and legal assistance to prisoners
– assistance to drug addicts
– lobby work
– organization of campaigns
– research on Peruvian and international drug policies
The internship is geared towards students of law, social sciences, social work and psychology.
Good Spanish skills are necessary, knowledge of other languages (e.g. Slavic) is very welcome.