Work with children, adolescents and adults in vulnerable districts of Lima in support of their capabilities and development chances
- INTERNSHIP CODE: SRBC
- City: Lima
- Work Areas: Social Work / Education / Psychology
Company / Institution
NGO that works with children, adolescents and adults in vulnerable districts in order to support their capabilities and development chances.
Function / Working area
The NGO consists of a multidisciplinary team from different branches like psychology, economy, education and engineering.
Interns can collaborate in the different programs:
– Cultural Program (for children from 3 to 14 years): support in finishing school through culture and art workshops
– Program for children and adolescents between 15 and 18 years: development of capabilities to get an apprenticeship training position from an employer
– Economic Program for adults: accompaniment and support of women and mothers in vulnerable districts to help them raise their income
– Program for integral development: activities to create, protect and upgrade green and recreation areas in vulnerable districts to improve the living and environmental conditions
The internship takes place in the programs and in the NGO’s office in the district of Barranco.
The internship is geared towards students of careers like sociology, psychology, anthropology, social science, economy and education. Knowledge of Spanish is required. The length of the internship is between four and six months.